Shawton Precision have a varied and wide customer base including Automotive, Aerospace, Nuclear, Pharmaceutical, Oil & Gas and offshore industries. Our large workshop has a comprehensive range of large and heavy machining tools and our team of highly skilled engineers is available 24/7 to consistently deliver exceptional standards.
Our in house machine shop understand that flexibility and speed is critical to cost-effective production. Our investment in our people and our commitment to invest in the most advanced technology enables us to provide a rapid, cost effective service meeting the demanding specifications and schedules required by our customers.
Always willing to be competitive, competent and correct for pricing and deliveries.
Shawton’s Precision Maching facilities comprise over 2880 m2 floor space and overhead cranes upto 15 tonne.
- ISO 9001 accredited
- AutoCAD LT drawing facilities
- One CNC cad cam facilities
The Inspection Department includes a DISC TALON Coordinate measuring machine shown here checking hopper paddle housings Manufactured for OYSTAR Manesty:
Upto 16 tonnes
- Giddings & Lewis 70 a-Dp 5 Horizontal borer 3 axis D.R.O X 3400mm Y 1850mm Z 1750mm
- Giddings & Lewis 70 4DP Horizontal borer, 3 axis D.R.O. X 1550mm Y 1550mm Z 1500mm
- Devlieg 3H 48 jig mill 3 axis D.R.O. X 1220mm Y 1220mm Z 914mm
- Devlieg 43H 72 jig mill heidenhain NC control X 1905mm Y 1905mm Z 914mm
- Webster Bennett 72 inch vertical borer with hydraulic copying attachment and 2 axis D.R.O.
Example: Central node one of a pair manufactured for the Cleveland Bridge company for use on the North shore Infinity Bridge in Stockton on Tees
Machined from a solid carbon steel block the central nodes stand Over a metre tall, below on the finished bridge they are barely visible.
Top Left: 316 Stainless steel rubber chopper body being Machined on one of the Giddings & Lewis Horizontal borers for Hosokawa UK.
Top Right: Below bottom half of a cast pump casing being machined On the Devlieg jig mill for SPP pumps.
Bottom Right: Carbon steel yoke block manufactured for Thompson Friction Welding Also machined on a Giddings & Lewis horizontal borer.
- Harrison VS450 cnc Lathe 300mm Chuck, 1500mm between centres.
- Femco Durga 25E cnc Lathe 200mm kitagawa chuck, 12 station turret, power tailstock & swarf conveyor.
- Mazak Quickturn 18N cnc Lathe 250mm kitagawa chuck, power tailstock,sameca bar feed, swarf conveyor.
- X.Y.Z Proturn 1200 350mm Chuck, 1500mm between centers
- Colchester Mascot 1600 Gap bed lathe 350mm Chuck, 610mm Swing in gap, 2400mm Between centres 2 Axis D.R.O.
- Colchester Triumph 2000 Lathe 250mm chuck 1000mm Between centres
- Colchester Magnum 1250 Gap bed lathe 900mm Swing in gap, 3000mm between centres
Hopper paddle housing First operation machined on the X.Y.Z proturn
Small aluminium venturi Machined for Biomass Engineering completed on the Mazak 18N
316 stainless steel auger completed for a Hosokawa extruder mix to supply Cadburys in Egypt finished machined on the Colchester Magnum
- Mori Seiki MV45 Vertical Machining center, with nikken 3 head 4th axis
- Cincinnati Sabre 1000 VMC with Hi-tech 315 4th Axis & touch probe.
- Avey DBM cnc Vertical machining centre, heidenhain 310 control, X axis 1500mm, Y axis 750mm, Z axis 700mm.
- X.Y.Z cnc.Edge mill 1200 (2005) (2 Machines).
- Huron MU6 Universal Milling Machine, 3 axis D.R.O.
- Bridgeport Series 1 2hp turret mill, 2 axis D.R.O. (2 machines)
- Adcock & Shipley 2E Universal mill.
Extension distance piece for Dresser Rand on the Avey for final machining, after being turned on the Webster Bennett
- Jones & Shipman 1400 l Surface Grinder, 24” x 7”
- Churchill 12.5 x 40 Universal grinder
Aluminium mould for a shower tray
Large steel gearwheel being checked before final machining
Insulator sleeve for Biomass Engineering. Made from virgin P.T.F.E.